Our MHMG group provides comprehensive dermatalogical care. As we continue
to expand this vital group, patients have accessibility to highly effective
care and treatment for conditions such as focal psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic
dermatitis, and skin cancers.
MHMG now offers the latest in treatment of focal psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic
dermatitis, and leukoderma EXCIMER-LASER.
The EXCIMER-LASER is a unique medical laser that broadens our treatment
profile for clinical Dermatology. It delivers targeted 308-nm UVB in a
collimated, monochromatic beam to safely and effectively treat diseased
skin. The treatment is painless and rapidly clears plaques and lesions
while sparing healthy tissue. It is ideal for inverse, scalp, and palmoplantar
psoriasis as well as for cosmetically bothersome vitiligo.
The Dermatology Department of Mission Heritage Medical Group consists
of a Board Certified Dermotologist. We continue to expand this vital group,
as seen with the recent addition of a new Mohs (a microscopically controlled
surgery that is highly effective for common types of skin cancer) surgery
expert, as well as the addition of office support staff team members.
We all look forward to providing comprehensive Dermatological care for
South Orange County patients.
What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases,
a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. Our MHMG dermatologists
treat diseases of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Dermatologists have been leaders in the field of cosmetic surgery. Some
dermatologist complete fellowships in surgical dermatology. Many are trained
in their residency on the use of Botox, fillers, and laser surgery.
- Dermatopathology is a pathologist who specializes in the pathology of the
skin. This field is shared by dermatologists and pathologists.
- Immunodermatology is a specialist who specializes in the treatment of immune
mediated skin diseases such as lupus, bullous pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris,
and other immune mediated skin disorders. Specialists in this field often
run their own immunopathology labs.
- Pediatric Dermatology:
- Physicians can qualify for this specialization by completing both a pediatric
residency and a dermatology residency.
- Dermatology Treatments
Therapies provided by dermatologists include, but not restricted to:*Medical
information found on MHMG.com or related links is provided for general
patient information only, and may not be relied upon as a substitute for
professional medical care.
- Cosmetic filler injections
- Hair removal with laser or other modalities
- Hair transplantation - a cosmetic procedure practiced by many dermatologists.
- Intra-lesional treatment - with steroid or chemotherapy.
- Laser therapy - management of birth marks, skin disorders (like vitiligo),
tattoo removal, and cosmetic resurfacing and rejuvenation.
- Photodynamic therapy - for the treatment of skin cancer and precancerous growths.
- Tattoo removal with laser
- Tumescent liposuction widely practiced by dermatologists, plastic surgeons
- Cryosurgery - treatment of warts, skin cancers, and other dermatosis.
26800 Crown Valley Parkway
26800 Crown Valley Pkwy., Suite 435
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
26800 Crown Valley Pkwy, Suite 435
Mission Viejo, CA 92691